Due to weather related issues, in some areas there may be delayed deliveries of your Monday issue of the NewsTribune.
If road conditions are severe enough, your delivery person may not be able to deliver your NewsTribune at all on Monday.
In this case, your Monday edition will be delivered with your Tuesday newspaper.
We ask you to be understanding for the safety of our carriers.
An online bomb threat that led to the evacuation and search of Con-Way Freight facilities in La Salle and elsewhere last week allegedly is the work of an Oglesby man. Rodney J. Termini, 47, of 444 W. First St., was picked up at 12:08 p.m. Tuesday by La Salle and Oglesby police on a federal warrant for a threat to bomb, according to a La Salle police report. Police said Termini was handed over to federal authorities and was on his way to Chicago for an appearance in U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. Additional details of the threat were not available. However, a spokesman for the U.S. Attorney’s Office said this morning Termini would appear Friday for a “removal proceeding” to transfer the case to the Eastern District of Michigan base in Detroit. Termini was charged after a Facebook post threatening to bomb Con-Way facilities. La Salle police, assisted by outside agencies and K-9 units, searched the local facility on U.S. 6 in east La Salle on the night of April 15. No explosive devices were found, but the FBI and La Salle police continued to investigate the threat. On April 16, the FBI with assistance from La Salle and Oglesby police and La Salle County Sheriff’s Office executed a search warrant on Termini’s home. As a result of that search, a federal arrest warrant was issued and he was picked up during a traffic stop in Oglesby yesterday, according to the police report. Termini previously was convicted of mailing threatening communications on or about Feb. 21, 1996, and May 21, 1996. He later was sentenced to 5 months’ home confinement.